B&C 18DS100-4 18" Professional Neodymium Subwoofer 4" Voice Coil 3000W 4 Ohm
This next evolution subwoofer uses a new, longer, four layer aluminum voice coil. The result is less heat, more energy in the gap, higher sensitivity, higher power handling, lower distortion and better overall performance. The 18DS100 features a 36mm long, 4 inch diameter (100mm) Copper Clad Aluminum Wire voice coil. With a 1500 watt AES power rating, 98 dB sensitivity, and over 14.0mm of Xvar, this high energy subwoofer is a significant step forward from similar models in the B&C range.
- Nominal Diameter 18"
- Power Handling (RMS) 1,500 Watts
- Power Handling (max) 3,000 Watts
- Impedance 4 ohms
- Frequency Response 32 to 1,000 Hz
- Sensitivity 98 dB 2.83V/1m
- Voice Coil Diameter 4.0"
- Resonant Frequency (Fs) 32 Hz
- DC Resistance (Re) 2.5 ohms
- Voice Coil Inductance (Le) 2.82 mH
- Mechanical Q (Qms) 10.0
- Electromagnetic Q (Qes) 0.24
- Total Q (Qts) 0.24
- Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas) 5.54 ft.³
- BL Product (BL) 24.3 Tm
- Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms) 300.0g
- Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax) 13 mm
- Surface Area of Cone (Sd) 1,210.0 cm²
Materials of Construction
- Cone Material Treated Paper
- Surround Material Cloth
- Voice Coil Wire MaterialCopper
- Voice Coil Former Aluminum
- Basket / Frame MaterialCast Aluminum
- Magnet Material Neodymium
- Overall Outside Diameter 18.11"
- Baffle Cutout Diameter16.61"
- Depth 9.41"
- Bolt Circle Diameter 17.44"
- # Mounting Holes 8
Optimum Cabinet Size
- Sealed Volume 0.5 ft.³
- Sealed F3 117 Hz
- Vented Volume 2.5 ft.³
- Vented F3 62 Hz