RCF NX 915-SMA 15" Active DJ / PA Powered Stage Monitor 2100 Watts With DSP
Up to 131 dB Sound Pressure Level
2100W Class-D bi-amplification
45-20000 Hz linear frequency response
1.75" Compression Driver
FiRPHASE zero degrees phase technology
Bass Motion Control woofer excursion management
70ºx100º Constant Directivity Coverage Angle
Perfectly tailored for horizontal or vertical deployment
NX 915-SMA speaker is a stage monitor designed for sound providers, musicians, bands, and DJs. The combination of a 1.75” compression driver, 15” woofer, two-channel 2,100W amplifier, and the TRW waveguide produces coherent 100° x 70° coverage for the listening area with up to 131dB SPL of distortion-free sound. Used as a stage monitor, stand-alone speaker system, or satellite paired with a subwoofer, the NX 915-SMA blends high performance and reliability in a compact package. Combining RCF proprietary FiRPHASE and Bass Motion Control DSP processing, NX 915-SMA Series speakers deliver absolute clarity and deep, powerful bass response. The tour-ready, rugged all-wood cabinet is easy to carry and set up on stage or on a pole.
One input, the one that sounds good
- Plug the output of your mixer or audio device into the Line-in Combo (TRS+XLR) Input. The extremely low noise input circuit will deliver an unaltered and clean signal to the power amplifier
- The most powerful amplifier in its class. RCF's improvements in transducer design make them stronger and powerful, so the amplifier follows the evolution. With 2100W power, the 2-channel NX 9 Class-D amplifier is 50% more powerful than previous models, able to manage extreme sound pressure levels with an ultra-fast attack, realistic transient response, and very low heat loss. NX 9 is energy-efficient so there's no need for a cooling fan - the amplifier is attached to a solid aluminum heat exchanger in the rear of the cabinet - with no moving parts. The input circuit features a new low distortion design with an advanced safety limiter, maintaining the true character of the input signal at all levels. All NX 9 amplifiers are designed according to EN62368-1 for maximum safety and present a Switch Mode Power Supply section joining high-efficiency with minimum weight.
- Lightweight and powerful, RCF drivers are a reference in high performance. All transducers are designed by RCF engineers in Italy for maximum reliability and perfectly matched components. The new 1.75" voice coil design with Polyimide-Kapton dome features a new bonding technology and reinforcement ribs making it 10 times more rigid than previous models, for increased accuracy and durability. The redesigned phase plug increases sound clarity with less distortion. Low-frequency transducer design gains more stability over higher currents, with less distortion and better heat handling.
- When searching for an extended bass with enhanced performance, RCF engineers found a way to remove the high-pass filter, replacing it with a forward-thinking approach. Introducing BMC (Bass Motion Control), the newly advanced woofer excursion management feature. The speaker equipped with BMC can handle the lowest audible frequencies without affecting the woofer stability, with extended linearity and better sound integrity.
- The BMC method works by creating a complete map of the dynamic behavior of the woofer, to generate a custom algorithm that only limits over-excursions. This gives total freedom of signal reproduction to the transducer. When high-pass filters normally protect the woofer motion from becoming destructive but change the phase behavior, the new BMC algorithm breaks conventional rules.
New perspective on linearity
- RCF speakers are designed using a proprietary and advanced digital FiR technology, conceived to deliver transparent sound, absolute clarity, and perfect imaging to the listener.
The special FiRPHASE filters allow for coherent distribution of sound for all listeners without phase distortions, ensuring minimum latencies in the system.
- The new True Resistive Waveguide is the result of several refinements in both the transducers' and the vented ports' design with Finite Element Analysis, and constant measurement in RCF anechoic chambers. Thanks to FiRPHASE technology, the new shape, and the placement of the ports, the speaker now acts as a single ideal source for a perfect sound image. Acoustically, the TRW waveguide mimics a resonance-free pure resistive load reducing the high-frequency distortion of a classic horn. The coverage angle of the waveguide provides constant directivity to the entire listening area and improves stereo panorama.
- NX 9 can operate as either the main system or as a floor monitor. This flexibility makes it a smart choice for a wide range of live sound applications. The rugged all-wood cabinet is easy to carry, thanks to handles on both sides (one on top for NX 910-A). The lower side includes a steel pole socket for mounting on a stand or a subwoofer pole. Each model can also be flown, wall- or truss-mounted using the six included M10 rigging points and special accessories. From the wood cabinet to the final texture and the rugged protective grille, NX 9 offers maximum strength for intensive use on the road and can be used for fixed installation.
- Tailored for both Horizontal or Vertical Deployment
- Thanks to the TWR waveguide and the pole mount socket on one side, NX 9-SMA can be used as a powerful main speaker, mounted on a stand, or paired with a subwoofer.
FRFR Full Range Flat Response
- NX 9-SMA active stage monitors perfectly complement your multi-FX/amp modeler. FRFR stands for Full Range Flat Response, which means you can model your sound through a remarkably neutral speaker. With 2,100W, flat frequency, and 0° phase response, your NX speaker can serve as both your guitar/bass cabinet and your stage monitor. Traditional electric guitar cabinets have their characteristic timbre, and this can be a bottleneck when you deal with multiple modern guitar effects and different guitar sounds, especially on stage. Your guitar sound can be adapted and changed to your taste using a neutral and analytic speaker, with complete freedom and all the power you need to rock the stage.
Ready for heavy-duty applications
- The highly innovative entertainment industry is always evolving by increasing demands on interconnection systems. Particular environmentally sealed connectors are highly requested for heavy-duty and harsh environment applications of entertainment equipment. The speaker features True Outdoor Protection (TOP) PowerCON TRUE1 power input connectors. These ruggedized sealed connectors feature IP protection and UV resistance approved according to UL50E.
More than a Stage Monitor
- The NX 9 Series is designed to fit all listening requirements from sound providers to deliver high power and pristine sound from a compact and portable speaker, with an integrated amplifier on board. From the wood cabinet to the final texture and the rugged protective grille, NX 9-SMA offers maximum strength for intensive use on the road.