RCF ART 915-A 15" 2100W Active 2-Way Bass-Reflex Loud Speaker / Floor Monitor w/ DSP
- ART 915-A is masterfully engineered to deliver stellar audio performance and versatility for intensive audio applications.
- The combination of a 1.75" compression driver, 15" woofer, two-channel 2100W amplifier, and a constant directivity True Resistive Waveguide produces coherent 100° x 60° coverage for the listening area with up to 131 dB SPL, distortion-free sound. Used as a stand-alone speaker for a FOH system, satellite (with subwoofer), stage monitor, or flown, the ART 915-A packs high-performance and reliability in a compact enclosure.
- Designed to be the most flexible loudspeaker in its class, it also features multiple rigging points for fixed installation. Merging RCF proprietary FiRPHASE and Bass Motion Control DSP processing, perfectly tuned for each model, the audience will experience absolute clarity and deep, powerful bass response.
- The sleek cabinet uses a special polypropylene composite material with an M-brace internal reinforcement, making it is easy to carry and secure to install on a pole, flown-, wall-, or truss-mounted using the multiple rigging points available.
Up to 131 dB Sound Pressure Level
2100W Class-D Bi-Amplification
50-20000 Hz linear frequency response
1.75" Compression Driver
FiRPHASE zero degrees phase technology
Bass Motion Control woofer excursion management
POWER THAT MOVES
- The most powerful amplifier in its class. RCF's improvements in transducer design make them stronger and powerful, so the amplifier follows the evolution. With 2,100 Watts of power, the 2-channel ART 9 Class-D amplifier is 50% more powerful than previous models, able to manage extremely high sound pressure levels with an ultra-fast attack, realistic transient response, and very low heat loss. ART 9 is very energy-efficient so there is no need for a cooling fan - the amplifier is attached to a solid aluminum heat exchanger in the back of the unit - with no moving parts. Being physically connected with the internal frame, the amplifier is firm and solid within the cabinet. The input circuit features a new low distortion design with an advanced safety limiter, maintaining the true character of the input signal at all levels. All ART 9 amplifiers are designed according to EN62368-1 for maximum safety and present a Switch Mode Power Supply section joining high-efficiency with minimum weight.
M-BRACE: A NEW CABINET DESIGN
- A professional appearance of an ART 9 cabinet is ideal for live events or installed applications. The sleek cabinet uses a special polypropylene composite material with a radically new construction concept. The grille cover is heavy-duty steel protecting both transducers and vented ports. The purpose-designed M-brace connects the four internal sides of the cabinet and amplifier, preventing any deformation for a completely inert body, with augmented acoustical damping even at maximum volume settings. It also performs as a reinforcement structure, for greater resistance to mechanical stress.
BASS MOTION CONTROL
- When searching for an extended bass with enhanced performance, RCF engineers found a way to remove the high-pass filter, replacing it with a forward-thinking approach. Introducing BMC (Bass Motion Control), the newly advanced woofer excursion management feature. ART 9 with BMC can handle the lowest audible frequencies without affecting the woofer stability, with extended linearity and better sound integrity.
- The BMC method works by creating a complete map of the dynamic behavior of the woofer, to generate a custom algorithm that only limits over-excursions. This gives total freedom of signal reproduction to the transducer. When high-pass filters normally protect the woofer motion from becoming destructive, but change the phase behavior, the new BMC algorithm breaks conventional rule. In combination with FiRPHASE technology, ART 9 has a level of DSP audio performance never achieved in this range of speakers.
NEW PARADIGMS IN ELECTROACOUSTICS
- The advanced design of ART9 lies within the housing of the speaker. The new True Resistive Waveguide is the result of several refinements in both the transducers' and the vented ports' design with Finite Element Analysis, and constant measurement in RCF anechoic chambers. Thanks to FiRPHASE technology, the new shape, and the placement of the ports, the speaker now acts as a single ideal source for a perfect sound image. Acoustically, the TRW waveguide mimics a resonance-free pure resistive load reducing the high-frequency distortion of a classic horn. With its asymmetrical sound shaping, the coverage angle of the waveguide provides constant directivity to the entire listening area and improved stereo panorama.
- Lightweight and powerful, RCF drivers are a true reference for high performance. All transducers are designed by RCF engineers in Italy for maximum reliability and perfectly matched components.
- The new 1.75" compression driver voice-coil design with Polyimide-Kapton dome features a new bonding technology and reinforced ribs making it 10 times more durable than previous designs. The redesigned phase plug increases sound clarity, enhancing transient response and improving coupling with the low-frequency transducer.
- Low-frequency transducer design gains more stability over higher currents, with less distortion, and is highly efficient in terms of heat dissipation. RCF quality control is very strict. Our woofers are tested with a 200 hours continuous signal to stress the transducer at extreme levels. Only the best woofer design can fit ART 9.
NEW PERSPECTIVE ON LINEARITY
- RCF speakers are designed using a proprietary and advanced digital FiR technology, conceived to deliver transparent sound, absolute clarity, and perfect imaging to the listener.
- The special FiRPHASE filters allow for coherent distribution of sound for all listeners without phase distortions, ensuring minimum latencies in the system.